Day 48 – Big Sur, CA to Los Angeles, CA

Day 48 – Big Sur, CA to Los Angeles, CA     10/07/10     Mileage: 311

I awoke to sunny blue bird clear skies and the temperature was perfect! With the best section of the Pacific Coast Highway ahead of me, it was going to be a good day. I’ll let the pictures do the talking, but it’s was spectacular all the way around. The scenery was only rivaled by how much fun it was to ride through it on a motorcycle. I also put the helmet cam to good use…so here we go…

Packed and ready to go!

Helmet cam 1

Helmet cam 2

Helmet cam 3

Helmet cam 4

Helmet cam 5

Helmet cam 6

Helmet cam 7

Helmet cam 8

Helmet cam 9

Helmet cam 10

Helmet cam 11 - Time to pay the piper...at $5.69 per gallon. Worth every penny!

Helmet cam 12

Helmet cam 13

Helmet came 14 - Twisty...oh yeah!

Helmet cam 15

Helmet cam 16

That was some spectacular road…and I didn’t even take another picture all day after the highway turned inland away from the coast. OK, I’m a bit spoiled now…perhaps a few days in downtown LA will cure me.  😉

10 Responses to Day 48 – Big Sur, CA to Los Angeles, CA

1. carla says:

Pictures are amazing. We did the Pacific Highway once but did it from LA up to Sf since Stan can not do heights. He didn’t want to drive on the ocean side. Amazing pictures. I know the weather here in Burlingame has been amazing. Enjoy.

Love, Carla

2. Doug says:

Lenny – Mo just filled me in on your adventure… wow..
    So cool !!!!! Excited for you!!

If you pass through Cabo check out my friend Todd Clouser pay some jazz..

Wednesday, October 20th, 2010
    Havana’s Jazz Club
    Beautiful Organ Trio w/ Adam Linz
    San Jose del Cabo MX
    Clouser, Pedro Cervera, Roberto Blanco (Bobby White), Adam Linz

Thursday, October 21st, 2010
    Seven Seas at Cabo Surf
    7 pm
    San Jose del Cabo BCS MX
    with Adam Linz, bass – Pedro Cervera, drums – Roberto Blanco, piano

• Lenny says:

Hey Doug…so great to hear from you! I would totally go see your friend play…but I’ll be passed Cabo by then…most likely in southern mainland Mexico by then. I’m looking forward to catching up with you and the Hunter crowd when I get back! Take a few runs for me this winter!

3. Frank Leccese says:

Where is everyone? Looks as if it could be one of those lonely Alaskan roads. We did this trip by car more years ago than I can remember and it was & is, spectacular. Keep safe.

• Lenny says:

Hi Frank! Well, it was late in the season when I was passing through…and also mid-week, so it definitely was not crowded. I also tend to shoot pics when the “coast is clear”…pardon the pun!

4. Nancy says:

Hi Lenny,

I really enjoyed those Pacific Coast shots…..so beautiful. Looks like you’ll be getting into a nice warm climate very soon 🙂

I can’t wait to see what comes next!

Mo was in Hunter this weekend and they had a frost!

5. Becki Anderson says:

hey Lenny! Just wanted you to know we are still watching your journey! Looks like you are doing alot of repair work huh?

The tourist season has come to an end and now all that remain in Alaska are the hearty, or the hearty fools!!!

Take care a drop a line if you think of us! We wish you ‘great journey’!

Becki and Scott …and all the critters……

• Lenny says:

Hi Becki! Glad you are still along for the ride! I’ll see what I can do about sending some heat up your way if you can send some cold air down here! It’s bloody hot hot down here! I hope youi and Scott are both well…..stay warm up there!

-Lenny

6. Becki Anderson says:

ok…I saw that you said…”long way from Alaska” … and you had some pictures of palm trees. Now Lenny…in all fairness…we do have some palm trees here…albeit plastic…they make a great Christmas display in the winter! Our men who hunt can’t find a damn flamingo to harvest so we can mount it and put it under the tree!! Must rely on those damn plastic things! Life can be brutal that way!

Oh..Scott had a birthday on Friday and for that celebration…we paid off our house!!!! It’s OURS NOW!!! Also had to put to sleep one of our cats…needless to say it was a week of mixed emotions…but. as you are learning…life abounds….

Right on….(or is that RIDE ON)???

• Lenny says:

Ha! Ride on….right on! Congrats on paying off the house…that’s awesome news! Sorry to hear about your cat though….that’s never easy. I don’t have to tell you to stay warm, I know you have a fur collection to do the job! Lol!

-Lenny